Monday, June 23, 2008

Puay Chai Service Camp 08

Puay Chai School was having their annual camp last weekend.
So the scouts from 17th Petaling went and help them. aka service.
I too spent half of my weekend there since nothing much to do at home.
I only went from Friday 7.30pm - 2.00am and from Saturday 5.30pm to 3.30am
So I'll just update what i i went through.

After tuition on friday, Sarah and yongming came and fetch me from tuition.
nothing much, reach there and took some pictures and went and eat.
the std 4,5,6 scouts are so damn noisy. They just cant keep their mouth shut for more than 15 seconds.

basically nothing much. The scouts did some coloring activity...quite lame wan lah, haha
At around 11 something i think, A few of us, Kin Meng, Kian Min, Wai Yew, Geoffrey and Chee ken, me, Sir vincent and Sir Yee en experiment the firelighting for the next day's campfire.
bla bla bla.

The next day after my piano class i went back to help in the campfire.
campfire was quite a sucess. Melanie came and visit.
Nothing much. I'll just let the pictures do the talking.
*The pictures are in random order*
above : me, sir vincent, kinmeng, cheeken.
below: waiyew.
fire #1.
fire #2 with sir vincent behind.
fire #3.
fire #4.
balloons filled with small colour paper.
tools.
flying cheeken AKA chicken ready to get roasted.
Arrangement of the...erm...fire...
Kaboom.
Sarah and me. Shes like a big sister to me.
Me and Kittlei. Shes like my other big sister.
Stuffing the colour paper into the balloons.
the seniors ; L to R ; geoffrey, cheeken, kinmeng, caely(look so serious), kianmin, waiyew.
Sir Vincent who is studying architecture decides to take up fireman courses too.
Sir Vincent in his half firemen suit.


Process of the opening ceremony ;
The headmaster of puay chai will hold a torch and light the fireball.Fireball then burns and slide down the metal wire.When reach the base, fire contacts with kerosene and burns wildly.
Fire then burns the ballons that were filled with gas and the balloons pop till the top and all the colour papers are then release.very interesting. I think Kian Min took the video. I will try and get it from him.

i think thats all for now. Anymore details on the service camp might be updated later.More pictures will be up soon. I have like 1000 pictures to handle for now. So chiaoz.

bye.




No comments: