Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lion sleeps tonight~


A lot of people might laugh at this,
but believe it or not since I was in primary school,
I've always wanted to join a lion dance troupe.
that's probably influenced by a lion dance performance
every year during the Chinese New Year in my primary school.
I guess it's kind of like every small boy's dream,
seeing the lion's jumping up and down made us want to do the same thing.
I bet some of the other guys the same age as me
probably wanted to do this.

And last year I wanted to look for a troupe to join/learn from.
but considered that I was already going to leave at the
end of the year and couldn't commit,
so I just didn't bother.

But this year, I was actually given the chance.
My school right now actually started a lion dance team.
(well it was actually like 2 months ago)
And of course I couldn't let this opportunity go.
And if you're wondering why the hell does a Kiwi school
have a lion dance team.
The place I'm staying at now is actually like
the Petaling Jaya of New Zealand.
there are probably around 40-50% Asians in my school
most of my classes have around 30 pupils.
but each class probably only have around 2-5 Caucasian.
others are Asians or Indians
mostly from south africa.
well what can I say, Asians are smart.
and there are tonnes of Malaysian here.

Back to Lion dance.
It may seem easy from the outside,
but let me tell you it's very very tiring when you do it properly.
Hate to say this but even Taman S.E.A doesn't have this kinda thing
haih...dissapointed...lol

My training is every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
and after school for Tuesday and Thursday, I go to the gym,
just joined for around 3 weeks. haha

Well just another boring post of boring life in NewZealand.
what a shame.
And sorry for the grammatical errors
if you spot any.

*peace*

No comments: